Teaching Assistant - Part Time
Governors are looking to appoint a grade 2 Teaching Assistant to join Larkfields Junior School starting 31st August 2022.
Larkfields Junior is an exciting and vibrant school with a wide range of excellent CPD opportunities. Our children are proud to be part of Team Larkfields and Take Care of their learning, each other, themselves and the environment. This was highly praised in our last OFSTED inspection. The school continues to be Good (OFSTED March 2018).
The staff and governors are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to making a difference
• Enjoys working with children and is enthusiastic about their role
• Has experience of working with children with a wide range of SEN, including those who have behavioural, emotional and mental health needs
• Is nurturing and understanding of the challenges some children face
• Is able to build and promote existing relationships between children, staff and parents
• Has experience of planning and delivering sessions linked to the national curriculum
• Has experience of teaching and planning nurture style activities
• Is willing to use our extensive outdoor space to develop learning and encourage engagement
• Can model expectations
The Children are looking for someone who will:
• be resilient
• accept mistakes as part of learning
• engage in the wider life of school
• be creative
• be honest about their work
• be patient
• be fun and have a sense of humour
• treat everyone equally but recognise that all children are different
• be kind and caring
• be dedicated to the children
• celebrate achievements
In return, Team Larkfields offers:
• Wonderfully fantastic pupils who are very proud of their school and have a strong pupil voice
• A well-equipped sensory room and nurture base
• Extensive outdoor grounds with a range of different areas to use for learning
• Supportive parents and school community with high expectations
• A dedicated team of governors who are passionate about providing the best education possible
• A fabulous staff team who are positive, caring and extremely committed to providing excellent outcomes for children - and who are also a bit bonkers but good fun!
If you would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on 0115 919 4343 or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time. We also invite you explore our website to find out more about our school and to gain an insight into life at Larkfields Junior School.
For further details please contact Maddie Bowley on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 919 4343
Application forms and a full job description can be found below, please return the application form to the above e-mail address:
Closing Date: Friday 17th June at 12:00pm
Larkfields Junior School has an active policy for Child Protection and is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate would be appointed subject to an identity and enhanced DBS check.